Monday, March 16, 2009

The Electric City

"Sittin' in my office wid a plate a grilled bacon,
Called my man Dwight just to see what was shakin' . ."

Any Office fans out there? No? Well, you should really look that one up if you're not familiar with the Michael/Dwight rap. Classic.

Why am I rambling on like this? Well, its all about the Electric City today folks. We just found out this weekend that the interview Ry had last week went so well that that's where we will be chilling for the summer. Now, it's not the one you may be thinking, because (news to us) Scranton is not the only Electric City in the US. Apparently Great Falls Montana earned itself the name as well. And that's where we're going- MONTANA! Yay!

Ry and I are super excited- he'll be working at the Lewis and Clark Center (actually it has a much longer, more official-sounding name which I'm sure Ryan will correct me on later. . .but for now. . .I got nothin') and he's SOOOO excited! He gets to do all sorts of interpretive stuff in the center and all sorts of L&C research and he's as happy as a little puppy with his favorite squeaky toy. Don't ask me why I picked that visual, I don't know. . . But I'm sticking with it. :)

Anyway, I'M really excited because 1-) I won't be working this summer YAY! So Reese and I can play and go swimming and running and do all sorts of mommy/daughter bonding things. 2-) I will finally have time to work on a few writing projects I've had on the list for a while. 3-) We will be only a few hours from Glacier Nat'l Park, a place I've been dying to backpack and explore for years. Double Yay! But mostly 4-) ANYTHING I WANT! Freedom- that's what summer's all about, now, isn't it? I can hardly wait for the end of May!

Wow, I hope you were all prepared for the amount of excitement and, more importantly, the explosive number of exclamation points filling this entry. I apologize for any repercussions that such lack of warning and preparedness might have caused. But I just couldn't help myself! (oops, there's another one. ;)

8 comments:

Ben said...

Congrats!!!

Catherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Catherine said...

Yeah!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! Go Ryan!

@lliE from FreshlyCompleted said...

Fun, Enjoy your break!

DeAnn said...

Congratulations! You will have a really fun summer, I am sure. Kathy gave us your "blog" site, so I hope you don't mind my sneeking a peak. Gary & DeAnn

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Ryan. Sounds like the perfect job for you.

Kim said...

Congrats on the job! And here's to fun, new and exciting things! I saw your blog listed on the Madison High page I hope you don't mind. I know we have said hi on facebook, but blogs are so much more fun! If your back in the burg before you go let me know. I would love to go to lunch.

Harper said...

Congratulations! That sounds like a fun move!