Friday, March 13, 2009

Ahh, the life of a student.

A few days ago Ry and I were cracking up over the plight of the average starving student, and consequently, the jobs that such people are willing to take. By the end of the conversation we were weeping with laughter, and I thought, since most of our friends and family are either in the same boat or have been there, done that, who are we to keep such laugh-fests to ourselves?

So, here are just a few good ones that we have either applied for, seen advertised, or actually done ourselves.

Dog Kennel: A rough-looking man tells Ry he'll have to sign a release form for the job, meaning he can't sue if he suffers any bodily injury from one of the dogs. This really hit home since Ry couldn't help but notice the man had only one good hand- the other was horribly mangled and missing several fingers.
Molly's Juvy Job: "How YOU doin?" said the little 14-year-old to Molly when she came to pick up her paycheck. Poor kid. Without a hairnet how could he know he was hitting on the lunchlady?
Job Opening- City Pound: You'll kill puppies for a living.
Right, like a person can live with themselves after taking a job like that!
Actual Ad on BYU campus: "Looking for students willing to have tennis balls shot at high speed at their thighs for Science Dept. experiment. Will pay $5."
--The best part is I remember Ryan saying, "Hmm. . .I think I could do it. I mean, my legs are like rocks."

So here's to being a poor student- A comical nod to those crazy, hand-me-down furnishings, "Yay I found a QUARTER!" times of our lifes!

2 comments:

Melese & Kyle said...

BAHAHAHA! Oh baby yes! I LOVE the tennis ball one, what the freakin crap?? Haha, thanks for the laughs!

Unknown said...

well that's me, next year. but i am so ready. bring it on. i have a feeling i, like ryan, would also take them up on the tennis balls. years of soccer has led me to have some good thighs. haha i wish.