Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tiana's Famous Beignets




For Reese's birthday she got this adorable little cookbook from her favorite Disney-crazed aunt and uncle (I can't say that I wasn't super excited myself). So the other day we decided to crack it open and give the 'house specialty' a whirl.

For Tiana's own recipe, click here


Mixing the dough


Patting a square


Keeping an eye on Mom's frying skills

(Sticky dough made our beignets look more like fried chicken than cute little pillows-
I guess we'll just have to keep practicing. ;)
PS- I just love seeing her in the little apron my mom made for me when I was her age!)


Time to dust with a little sugar!


This recipe makes A LOT!



But that's ok, 'cause this is one satisfied customer!

Thanks again Uncle Justin & Aunt Erin!

3 comments:

Lemonpeel said...

so cute!! and those look delish. mmm, must make some - we've been addicted to princess and the frog lately as well as rapunzel so I'm sure lily would be thrilled :)

Justin D. Badger said...

Sounds like she has a great aunt and uncle that know her so well...we saw it and IMMEDIATELY KNEW we had to get it for her. So convenient it was close to her birthday.

Mother of Eight said...

Make this post into a book...maybe Reese's "growing cookbook"! Pics of her cooking throughout her life is a sure way to have her follow in her mommy's footsteps:)