Saturday, August 6, 2011

The August Reading Rainbow!



Hello fellow bookworms!
Molly here to announce/invite you to join us in this month's Badger Bookclub pick. Honestly I've been itching all year to get my preferred genre in, and what with school starting in the near future, there couldn't be a better time. And so, for this month, let's read books from the
Young Adult section of your local library. My all-time favorite ever is this one:


It is an amazing story- one that I never tire of laughing and crying through (you know it's a good book when they happen simultaneously!),
and if you've never read it you simply MUST get a copy asap!
Seriously.

Since we're going with the Young Adult theme that means fairly short, easy reads. So let's see just how many each of us can tuck under his or her belt over the next few weeks.
We had a good time with the patriotic competition, and I'm feeling like spreading the love.
Any takers? :)

Whoever reads the most WINS!
(Can't guarantee prizes at this point, but bragging rights will definitely be included)


Here are a few of my favorites, if you need some inspiration before
whipping out your library card--

Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
Everything on a Waffle by Polly Horvath
The Harry Potter Series (obviously) by J. K. Rowling
Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli
The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
The Princess Bride by William Goldman



Authors I love--
Robin McKinley
Roald Dahl
Lucy Maud Montgomery
Lemony Snicket

There are SO many greats out there, so if I left out some that you know (which I'm positive I did) please leave a comment to share with the rest of us!


Now get out there and find your inner child!
Happy Reading!!!



2 comments:

Justin D. Badger said...

What? No fair; Erin JUST finished reading the ENTIRE Harry Potter series.

Molly said...

Lol! I know- I just read your blog! Good grief, we all better kick it in gear to catch up. :)