Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Greatest Hunt of All!



For Easter we decided to go up to Pocatello to visit Ryan's Grandma, and we had a great weekend with her.

We must be a 'real' family now, because we took the o-fficial Easter Best pictures for the first time this year. I think all that was missing were the dainty hat and gloves for Reese. Am I right in assuming all my fellow children of the 80's were hatted and gloved for these pictures, just like me?

Anyway, I LOVE seeing the sibling-ness already coming out in these two munchkins!









The best part is, Sam is so thrilled Reese pays attention to him, he doesn't care WHAT she's doing! :)



Then is was time for a little lunch before we had the big egg hunt, but as I was feeding Sam I had a little deja vu of a few Easters before. . .



Same chair, and almost the same spoon even!!

Anyway, now for 'the hunt'. I have to say that this has been one of the most exciting holidays for me in a while. I had SO much fun getting all the eggs ready and hiding them throughout the yard. It reminded me of when I was little and my grandparents used to hide hundreds of eggs in the woods in front of their house for all the grandkids to find. It was a sugary Easter WONDERLAND and I loved it so much I made Ry promise we'll do it someday for our own kids.
I can't wait!!

Ok, enough reminiscing, time to see Reese's haul- quite a nice one considering she was the only one hunting. :)






We had to coach her for about 5 minutes before she found this one- it was just above eye-level and we were cracking up by the time she finally got it.
(Ha! No pun intended!)






A couple of good-lookin' guys enjoying the sunshine



The basket was overflowing. . .



And, of course, Reese was thrilled. . .



. . . especially when she discovered that Grandma Badger had filled some of the eggs with pennies and nickels- a HUGE hit!



As we gobbled up the chocolate, Sam enjoyed more sunshine and didn't know what he was missing,

and everyone had a great time!


3 comments:

@lliE from FreshlyCompleted said...

Fun, your kiddos look So similar!

Also, I keep wanting to comment on your "30" post-- but it would basically say this, "Umm, I'm totally cool with turning 30." And that's not very helpful or fun.

Whatever it is that makes people stress out about things-- I just didn't get it. My older sister got a double dose and I got none.

v said...

I can't believe how similar your kids look when their babes, you guys have a baby mold that is just darling! Way fun pics

My Oatmeal Kisses said...

So cute! I love the one of Reese pinching his cheeks! Mae does the same thing and we yell "Too much love!!" I can just imagine an Easter Wonderland event. I bet you can't wait.