Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pity Puddles



I am such a bad mommy! I have hardly written anything about our sweet, pudgy little Sam since he arrived almost 5 months ago. I cannot believe that much time has already passed- so so quickly! Well, I plan to remedy my negligence and get a whole bunch documented here for future generations this month. First up? Puddles.

Let me explain. Sam has the sweetest, tenderest little heart. When I was little, all my parents had to say was "No" and I'd burst into tears of sincere remorse. It's never taken much of a reprimand to get me teary, and I fully expected my own kids to have that oh-so-convenient-for-the-parent gene. Imagine my surprise when Reese just looked at me when I said it to her. I was shocked and couldn't help thinking, "Wait- you're supposed to start bawling and then never, ever do it again to make sure I'll still love you!" Alas, children are born with their own ideas. Anyway, I have a feeling that Sam may follow in his mommy's footsteps. (Or maybe that's just wishful thinking . . .only time will tell.)

When we put him down to sleep before it's 'time' according to him, he cries. He cries so hard, and with such a sad little "Why did you abandon me?" sob that it just absolutely breaks my heart! Lately, though, he's been getting over a cold so I've been trying to get him to nap more. Nevertheless, he still feels completely slighted. After being the ultra-tough parent that I am (read: I almost start bawling too to hear him cry for ten minutes straight), I give in and pull him out of bed for some more snuggles. For days though, each time I get him from crying, his poor little ears have filled up with tear puddles that run down his cheeks when I hold him upright. It's totally pathetic, adorable, and I can't keep my own lip from popping out when it happens!

Yep. I'm totally wrapped around his chubby little finger- oh how I love him!!

5 comments:

Lemonpeel said...

Oh my word LOVE this picture! He is such a dumpling!!! :)

Molly said...

lol! What a perfect word- our fat little dumpling. :)

Harper said...

He is adorable! I want to pinch his little cheeks!

B.A.M. said...

he is so dang cute! we need to get together soon so I can squeeze him! how bout a february birthday bash?

Molly said...

Love to!! When works for you guys?