Friday, January 28, 2011

The Book of February





Hello Book-Lovers!! Molly here to announce what the Badger Book Club will be reading this month. Have to say I was pretty jazzed to find the 'vintage' Lamar shot up above- don't they just look thrilled to be reading? The enthusiasm sure came a long way! But hmm. . . that mustache really reminds me of someone. Who could it be? I just can't put my finger on him. . .


Oh, that's right! ;)

Alright, enough of that. Here we go! Despite Valentine's Day being my all-time favorite holiday,
(yes, even more than Christmas sometimes-
Hello! RED, PINK, and FAKE LACE DOILIES-- how can you not get all giddy and excited?!)
I'm sorry to say that we will NOT be reading "the great romance of all time" or
any of that genre this month. Sorry, friends, no Twilight here!
I just couldn't help, for my first pick this year, deciding on
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
I realize we're a little behind the times, what with the 50th anniversary being last year, but who cares- still a fabulous pick, if I do say so myself. One of the deciding factors was that, while I read and fell in love with the classic tale of Scout, Atticus and Boo Radley back in High School, Ryan has still never read it. I know! So whether it's your first time, or a too-long-put-off second, third or whatever, join us this month as we read. . .


Let's try to be done and start discussing Monday, Feb. 21st. That way, you'll have plenty of time to chat it up with everyone here, and still be able to get out and find the perfect birthday present for yours truly!

(psst- that would be the 23rd, but then, I'm sure your calendar's already marked, right? ;)


4 comments:

Justin D. Badger said...

I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!! I may love Les Mis a little more, but it is a VERY close second. This was the book that changed my life and taught me that reading can be fun. I just read it last year and am in the middle of The Millionair Next Door so I don't think I will get it done in time, but count me in on the discussion. I know Joshua also just finished it, but seriously GREAT choice, if I remember right Ryan hasn't read this, oh I'm excited!

Molly said...

Me too!!! I had a feeling I could count on some enthusiasm from you on this one-- seeing as how it came up like four or five times over Thanksgiving and we couldn't say enough just how much we love it. ;)

Can't wait to talk about it!

Meagan said...

Molly I think I found you on goodreads.com and I hope you have actually read more than "0" books! :)

Unknown said...

so funny- i think i joined that years ago, and then forgot to ever update it. lol!

and yes, i have read more than '0'. ;)