Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Golden Age

Happy Birthday to Me!

So, this year I celebrated my 29th birthday, a little strange since I seem to remember that being the age my own mother celebrated for most of my childhood (she's since moved on to 39, based on the fact that it's just weird to be younger than your oldest daughter).

It was a great birthday- originally we thought we'd get out the snowshoes and go for a little hike, but with two little munchkins in tow, we thought better of it and settled on a snow day instead. We found a great little hiking area of the golf course by the river which totally reminded us of one of our first dates that The Endowment Lands outside of Rexburg.

Fortunately, this time no one fell through the ice. :)



This was probably the only second that Reese wasn't going completely nuts- jumping in the snow, chucking snowballs at us (she has a surprisingly-good arm), and taking huge bites of the white stuff.



What's a snowday without a snowman? We worked for a while, and this is what we came up with. . .



Kinda looks like someone else I know.



Don't you think?



Our last few moments with the lil' gal before bidding adieu,





I'm a huge fan of symbolism and always love a good, tangible farewell to the past. In this case, all the worries and stress of the last year.




Later, Ry wowed me with dinner, and a birthday cake that he made himself.

Baby, I know you would much rather have purchased something, or gotten ice cream sundaes instead, but that just makes my heart melt all the more!


Plus, I love that face!



Less than 29 candles? No problem, how 'bout a giant 'M'? :)

Then Reese and Sam helped me blow them out- I LOVE our cute little family!
Thanks, babe, for a great day!


2 comments:

Justin D. Badger said...

Great cake Ry, and even more impressive that you can sing in multiple keys in only one verse of Happy Birthday. Loving the videos though, keep them coming, we miss you guys.

Megan said...

I love the cake. Donny usually buys me one but one year he made me one. He wouldn't let me come in the kitchen for hours. When he was finished he was so proud. It was an Alien. haha Ugliest thing i have ever seen but I will never forget it. it was perfect.