Sunday, August 2, 2009

Reese is 2!

All Hail Princess Reese!


Well, it finally came- it seems like I've been telling people that Reese is almost two for just about ever, and now I can smile and say simply, "She's two."

We lucked out that Reese's birthday happened to fall on one of Ryan's day's off. Seeing as how we're small in numbers here, I was thrilled that we didn't have to wait around all day for one third of the party to show up.

We weren't sure what to do for the special day seeing as how she probably didn't have a clue what was going on or why I kept sticking the sparkly blue princess crown on her head. In the end we kept things simple: we took her to Giant Springs to feed the fish, which she loved. . .

Buying fish food with Daddy


She kept snapping her fingers and making kissey noises at the fish calling, "Mon, 'mon fish!"

. . . and made sure to fit in a nap since what two-year-old birthday would be complete without at least one tantrum? Or you know, like. . . seven.

And since temps were too high to even think of turning on the oven, we opted for French Fries and Chocolate Milkshakes at Fuddruckers with a gy-nourmous (yeah, spelling's beyond me on that one) slice of chocolate cream pie.



Cutie!

Somehow the ketchup was more enticing than whipped cream or chocolate.

The evening ended on the lawn where we let her open her presents from us and play until mammoth mosquitos chased us indoors. The Buzz Lightyear definitely took the cake, but I'm not sure who was more excited to finally have him- Reese . . . or Ryan.

Playing with Daddy, Buzz, and Mr. Incredible (who Ryan is trying to teach her is just another name for "Daddy")


Mostly, all day long Ryan and I just looked at her and thought (both outloud and in our heads), "I can't believe it! She's so big- not a baby at all anymore!" Very surreal, I've got to say because I seriously feel like we just brought her home from the hospital in that tiny hippo outfit that her Aunt Aubrey gave her that didn't even fit. It's both the greatest thing in the world and one that puts a lump in my throat to see her so grown up, and turning into such a cute, hilarious, social, and amazing little girl.

We love you Reesie!

6 comments:

Charisa and Trent said...

Happy birthday Reese!!!
I was totally thinking about you the other day Molly... funny story really.
Glad to see that ll is well!
Loves!!

@lliE from FreshlyCompleted said...

She's SO cute! And I was very impressed to see such COOL toys. Toys my boys would love for sure.

B.A.M. said...

Happy Birthday Reesey!
She is getting so big and beautiful! I can't wait to see you all very soon! I love you guys!

Megan Smith said...

Cute Cute Cute! Happy Birthday Miss Reese!

You ought to try and get that video that Kyle made up on FB to add on your blog.

Erin Leigh said...

i love her too! happy birthday to one of my favorite little people :)

Steph Wardle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FAVORITE RED HEAD IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!