Tuesday, August 11, 2009

An Overnight Change

Reese turned two a little over a week ago, and up until then I figured I was getting used to the 'terrible two' stuff- not liking it, mind you, but at least feeling like I could deal with it. You know, tantrums, drama, mood swings, etc. But since that blessed birthday celebration it seems the 'two's have struck with a fiery vengence. I never knew she could be so sneaky or so fast! In the last week she has:
Drizzled half my shampoo bottle around the edge of the tub
Covered herself in desitin, strawberry yogurt, lotion, baby powder- you name it!
Dropped her toothbrush down the bathroom vent
Colored on any wall she could reach (I swear she has a stash of pencils hidden somewhere)
Knocked over a bucket of flour
Tucked all of Ryan's credit cards into the space where our diningroom door rolls back into the wall
Hidden my wallet somewhere in the house (we're on day 4 of the search)
And developed a lovely purple bruise above her eye from biffing it on the stairs.

Good Night Nurse!

I know, I know, it's only gonna get worse. Oi.

5 comments:

Dan said...

Don't worry Molly. It may get worse, but you get better at it. Pretty soon she is going to be writing a blog entry about how you are foiling all of her crazy plans. :)

Erin Leigh said...

no way, not cute adorable reese! :)

Kathy Badger said...

We breath deep, take long walks, and understand resorting to spankings! Amazing how we ever make it through, but look...You married one of mine that I thought would make me gray before age 24(tee hee). PLEASE let him enjoy some of this too:)!

Megan said...

you are scaring me! only 3 weeks and Tyler hits the 2nd birthday mark.

Danielle said...

Check out my blog entry about my sweet little 4 year old! It gets worse!