Thursday, August 27, 2009

Basics

I don't know if it's all the changes of moving, etc. or the fact that I just realized I'm swiftly approaching thirty (oh, freak.)that's got me pondering on my life.

I think the real culprit is a line from a cookbook I've just been reading,

"A cook mimics someone else's food while a chef defines their own style."

It got me thinking, "Who am I? What is my style?" And, naturally, that spilled over into the rest of my life. Boiling it all down, here's what I came up with.


I love food. Possibly more than life. I'm a hopeless romantic and a tough girl. I'm proud and stubborn. I love puppies. I'm nowhere near being ready to settle down yet; luckily I married another gypsy. I'm surprised sometimes at how much I love being a mom.

I'm a middle child and a peacemaker. I love cooking seasonally. My favorite colors are yellow and red. My worst nightmare is to be considered average. Service makes me feel happy and needed.

I'm a spiritual woman. My life centers around family. Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday- just seeing red and pink together gets me excited. I'm an extrovert and an introvert, depending on the day. I love to feed people. Paris is my hometown. Pedicures make me blissfully happy. I'm postive and hopeful.


I've always wanted to be in the middle of a tornado. If I was single again I'd join the Peace Corps. I was chubby in high school and sometimes that still freaks me out. I'm fiercely loyal. Someday I will be more patient. I'm practical, sometimes to a fault. I love negative space. My sense of humor is dry, but I love to laugh.

I still love Dashboard Confessional, the band of my college days. I feel the need to read 'the classics', but there aren't many I'm wild about. I'm short, but still hopeful I'll get a growth-spurt. My dad calls me his Sunshine Girl, and I'm proud of that. I'm artistic. I'm generous. I love to write, and someday I'll publish something. I'm a good kisser and reading is my happy place.



So there you go, maybe you know me a little better now. At any rate, I had a good time doing the personal inventory.

7 comments:

B.A.M. said...

i loved it! it makes me want to hang out with more often! :o) love you!

@lliE from FreshlyCompleted said...

Well, I certainly never had it confirmed that you were a good kisser. So, if nothing else, I'm surely glad to know that.

megan... said...

I love learning more about you. In fact, I was just looking at your blog and Bobby walked by and did a double take- "is that Molly and Ryan" he said "we'll have to do something with them!"

I'm not sure where you are moving to in Provo, but we should be friends!

Steph Wardle said...

oh molly- i really liked reading your personal inventory. and i was sad when i decided i was just a cook and not a chef :( but i want to be a chef one day when i grow up! anyway- i decided that your passion for food, your dry sense of humor, your love of laughter, your generosity and your spirituality are what is in fact what made me sigh in relief when i was called to serve with you in relief society forever ago. oh and your daughter might had something to do it with as well ;)can i just tell you how much fun i had with you... i look forward to having you guys back!

Kathy Badger said...

I think you left out how wonderful and real you are! I love the fact that you can look at yourself and be at peace with whatever experiences have come into your life and embrace them, because they all have created a wonderful YOU! SOOO happy you and Ry found each other & appreciate each other, and we are all blessed because of it! Love you!

Unknown said...

I lvoe your blog! I just found it...congrats on your exciting life! I'm glad to read that life is treating you well. Where is your sister Melese these days?

Lemonpeel said...

I miss my right arm :)