Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pie is pie, . . . right?


This morning while I was getting ready, Reese was doing her usual thing at the table which is talking to herself and her toys and carrying on an entertaining conversation.  We've already established what an animal-lover the girl is, and I'm pretty impressed at her memory for the more 'unusual' ones we mention- usually only once.  'That's a gemsbok, mom.  It lives in Africa.'

Suddenly her voice changes and I hear her exclaim - to me this time instead of the stuffed dog she was playing with -

"Mom!  There's a pumpkin pie!!!"

I gave one of those automated mom responses, you know- the ones where you answer, but you're really concentrating on the five or so bobbypins in your mouth and trying to get a stubborn piece of hair to just lay flat.

"Nope hon- not time for pumpkin pie yet,  but we'll make one for Thanksgiving, K?"

"No, no, no mom.  Outside.  The BIRD."

Now I was intrigued.  A pumpkin pie bird?  I'd never heard of that.  So was Ryan, and we walked to the kitchen where, just outside our glass door, there sat a magpie staring at us.

A Mag-Pie.


Well, everyone's bound to slip here and there I guess.  :)


3 comments:

Megan Smith said...

Smart girl Reesey!!

Lisa said...

What a smarty! I wonder if Reese knows a way to get rid of pigeons?!
Love Grandma

v said...

that story is precious. what a fun girl!