Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Holy Halloween Costumes, Batman!


I'm sorry.  That title was pretty misleading since there will be nothing about Batman, Robin, or even a glimpse of Batgirl in this post.  But I felt, after a month-long fast from blogging, there was a serious need for punchy enthusiasm.  And how can you go wrong with a show that flashes fluorescent-colored 'Bams', 'whaps', 'biffs', and 'zowies' across the screen?

Anyway, here I am, bound and determined to ignore the guilty feeling inside from neglecting to document the happenings around this little den, and start fresh.  So to begin, here's our Halloween happenings- we had an absolute BLAST this year!  Reese finally got what was happening, made a friend and life-long fan of each bestower of candy, and even did the snorty laugh we taught her on cue.  (That may or may not have had anything to do with the fact that we told her in no uncertain terms it was the only way to get any candy at all.  Hmm.)

Without any further ado, I give you a family of Erkels.  Except that we're white.  And we didn't end the night signing  a TV gig.  Oh well.  You can't have everything.






















On a side note here, the candy haul was much better this time around-- thanks to our patient teaching, Reese was able to bring in SEVERAL more pieces of chocolate than last year.  And, best of all, she happily handed them over in exchange for a few suckers.

Score.

4 comments:

debby said...

what is it with kids and suckers?

v said...

You guys look great!!!! Classic. But suckers are amazing. I bribe Jane every night by saying "Do you want a sucker?" Which of course she says "YES!" and then I end it with "Then you stay in bed." and maybe 80% of the time she will last the night for a sucker in the morning. I love bribing!

Molly said...

lol! Abby, I just love you!!

And I, too, love bribes. If I ever had to pay up, my cupboard candy stash would be significantly lower. I think we actually still have a few dumdums from last year. :)

Megan Smith said...

So cute Molly!! You all look great, fun idea to extend it to the whole family -- we've never done an overall theme before, we should try it before the kids get too big.