Monday, September 19, 2011

Favorite things. . .


I've been meaning for weeks to share a few  fabulous sites with everyone, and am finally here to do it.   The first is a fantastic site dedicated to planning, organizing and accumulating home food storage and was created by none other than my insanely-organized and brilliant sister, Meg.


My Food Storage Cookbook is seriously awesome!  She's included tons of delicious  recipes (please, please, please try the Chicken Cacciatore w/ Herbed Polenta- it rocked my world!), step-by-step instructions and how-to's on everything you need to know to plan easy-peasy pantry meals, a 3-month, or 1-year of food storage.  Not to mention some great links to all things foodstorage.  It's amazing, and if you're feeling overwhelmed by this particular brand of project (let's face it, who isn't?), you should definitely check it out.  Sign up for Daily Digests while your there to find out what's cooking each day!

The second is My Oatmeal Kisses, the creation of my very good friend who worked for five years as a Kindergarten teacher and now shares an endless list of fun activities to do with toddlers and young children.  I LOVE this site!  It's perfect for preschool ideas (she even includes the schedule and links she and a few friends use for their own preschool), or if you're just looking for fun, , educational, and cheap  things to do with your kids.  Check.  It. Out.  You'll notice the cute little button down the sidebar of our blog;  click it, and prepare to feel like you're five again- it's that much fun!

The last is Pinterest.  Oh my gosh!  I'm a total junkie who, to be perfectly honest, is just a tad freaked out that someone I've never met read my mind like that, and actually created a website to organize the chaos of my brain.  LOVE!


Well, those are my favorite things this week.  We'll see how I do at keeping this little 'weekly sharing time' going, but in the meantime, I hope you enjoy these AWESOME sites!


3 comments:

My Oatmeal Kisses said...

Thanks so much for talking about my site! You are so sweet! P.S. I love the pictures of you and Reese and Sam. So sweet, your sis is one talented gal!

Megan Smith said...

Awe, thanks Molly. The Chicken Cacciatore (super amazing) and other recipes are only there because other people have been kind enough to let me re-post them. I'm a good "seeker and tweaker" of recipes but only because someone else shared it with me first whether by book or website.

Molly said...

I love you both, and just had to share the glory that are your sites with the world. Or at least the small percentage that read what's here. ;)