Monday, September 26, 2011

Favorite Things: Broccoli Slaw & 'Forget-me-nots'

Hello all!

Look at me- following through on a goal!  Hooray!  Ok, week two of favorite things includes food for tummy- and the soul! lol!

The first is this little beauty of a product right here-
Broccoli slaw.  It's awesome!  I'm not much of a coleslaw person, in fact I usually avoid the pungent little tub at fried-chicken-and-side picnics, but this particular mix is just stellar.  Maybe because

1- I know it's SO much better for you, and
2- I have used it in a myriad of ways--  none of them being a traditional slaw.  :)

We mix it into cooked ground turkey with a can of tomatoes and a little BBQ sauce for a way better version of Sloppy Joes, add it to stir fry for more veggie power, chop it fine and stir it into homemade meatballs or meatloaf for more flavor and vitamins, and it makes an excellent veggie omelette.  Awesome.  If you haven't tried it yet, then grab a pen and put it on your grocery list.  I usually find it by the bagged salad in the produce section.

Now for the 'soul food'.  :)


My other  favorite thing is the General Relief Society Broadcast.  I LOVE hearing from these amazing, inspired women twice a year.  Each of them gave wonderful talks about charity, appreciating our blessings and potential, and encouraged us to recognize and use our power for good.  One of my favorite talks was by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf of the first Presidency.  It is a wonderful talk for and about women, and how to find joy in the little things that are happening now.  It's a perfect reminder for me on a Monday to focus on what's important and remember why I do all that I do.  Prepare to laugh and be uplifted!  Listen to it here, or watch it here- Enjoy!


1 comment:

v said...

Molly, I just love you. I haven't read anyone's blogs since school started so I've been catching up. I love the pics Mese took of you and your kids, I love the Reese story in the grocery store, and I love how you appreciate life and the importance of the gospel in daily living. Love it. Hope all is well with you and we still need to hang out since we live 30 minutes away from each other. it's good to see what you are doing.