Friday, March 11, 2011

My Pastry Class

I think I mentioned a while back that I've been teaching two community education classes for the last few months. Well, I've finally finished up with them, and despite some stress, I would totally do it again! Maybe just one class at a time in the future, though. :) Fabulous people, great times in the kitchen, and of course all sorts of exciting bits of pastry know-how.
I only remembered to bring my camara to capture it for my last class, and I wanted to show you all a little of what we did.

Throughout the eight weeks we learned how to make:
Tarts
Mousse
Choux paste (cream puffs & eclairs)
Baklava
Brioche
Chocolate truffles
Puff pastry

and in our last class we made Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes, learned about dessert sauces and caramel, and how to make spun sugar.

I think we had a pretty good time.







Here's Dorothy holding the finished product- a spun sugar nest.

Then we got down to the sauces: Caramel, Chocolate-Caramel, and Cardamom-Pomegranate



I was so proud of their presentation-
It's 80%!









Like I said before, I had a blast. A true learning experience for me, but it was so much fun, and I'm SO glad I did it!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm very jealous. I would love to take one of your classes. I am going try these molten lava cakes. I've been wanting to make some for a while.