Friday, March 11, 2011

Good Eats


Well, the time has finally come: it's time to introduce solids.
As you can see, this is a serious business.


I have to say this is one of the most exciting parts of Baby-ness to me. I LOVE getting my kids excited about food, and introducing their tiny palates to all sorts of joyous variety.
Love.






Reese was positively thrilled to be able to help. So cute!


We're only just into cereals and already Sam is a huge fan of all things on a spoon.
But lately I've been whipping up some Baby Love.
Ready for a commercial spot? Here we go!

This is an awesome cookbook by Norah O'Donnell & Chef Geoff Tracy with great photography and fun, fresh ideas for recipes that are easy & fast and so much healthier-
not to mention world's cheaper and better-tasting than the store-bought stuff!
Lots of nutrition info and fun toddler meals are included as well.

It's a great book, and totally worth checking out. :)


Here's a little video of the first bites!




6 comments:

Lemonpeel said...

ahhhh! i am LOVING this post. Sam is such a freaking cutie! and I love the video (so did lily btw) oh he is so adorable! also, I'm totally making a mental note of that book, I'm totally doing that next time. And oh my goodness I can't believe how much Sam looks like Cade's little guy Gavin in the first picture! Insane! Thanks so much for posting this, it made my morning! :)

megan... said...

I totally agree- I'm loving trying to get this little guy to eat new and fun things. Somehow I'm trying to over-ride societies influence in the processing department with a little fresh food love. here's hoping!

@lliE from FreshlyCompleted said...

Sam is so darling!

Okay, fine, I'll admit I'm totally a "buy the baby food" kind of mother. I'm pretty sure I trained my second one to have a Huge sweet tooth because I mostly gave him fruity ones (he was constipated so I thought that might help).

But I have a new resolve to do better. I totally just requested that book from the library. Thanks for the advice!

My baby has not had anything but Mama's milk yet. I'm waiting until the exact day she's 6 months. I'm sentimental about that stuff and sort of want to wait until the last minute to introduce something new.

v said...

I love Jane's toddler stage but watching that video made me miss the baby stage. I think everytime we gave Jane a new food we video taped it. After like the 8th new food item Vance commented taht it's really the same each time. Which was true, but I loved feeding her new food also.

Kathy Badger said...

Oh my goodness...I could eat HIM up!!!!! He is sooo precious and this Grandma is totally missing those adorable little ones:)

Harper said...

Sam, you are a STUD!

We have that same moose bib. It's our favorite!