Tuesday, July 27, 2010

WReese

We're getting into the "I love" stage with Reese- meaning that she's just starting to proclaim her love and preference for many things. I love elephants. I love chocolate (that's my girl!). But mostly, I love W.

I'm reminded of my brother-in-law, Kyle, who, when he was little, detested the number 4 so much that he skipped it every time he counted to 10. Lol- "I don't - like - 4!" What did 4 ever do to him?

Much the same, I wonder what promises of money, fame, and dum-dums W made to Reese because she absolutely adores it! Everywhere we go she's constantly exclaiming, "Look Mommy!!! It's a W!" And she's right. She spots them everywhere we go, on billboards and throughout the store (she had a blast at Wal-Mart the other day!), on movie covers, and in all of her books. And always the sighting is accompanied by a sigh and then the inevitable, "I love W."

So, I guess I wasn't surprised when, after I wrote her name at the bottom of a picture she colored, she insisted I add a W.

"You want a W? Where?"

She ran to the fridge where she snatched the blue letter W magnet from its special place and plunked it down right in front of her capital R. "Like that," she said, all smiles. "WReese."

What a wonderfully weird little woman!

(Wink!)

4 comments:

Becky Martineau said...

Have you heard of the "Eliose" books? They're about a very precocious 6yr old girl who "love love love"s everything. I have read them and thought of Reese before. I bet she would enjoy the stories.

Molly said...

Ooh- I've heard of them, but I don't think I've ever read them- I will definitely have to check them out! Thanks for the tip! :)

Danee Hansen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danee Hansen said...

We miss seeing you three at church! Reese seems to be getting more spunky every day :] Hope you guys are having a great summer.