Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Lewis and Clark Festival


This last weekend was quite the tadoo (sp?) down at the Lewis and Clark Center- it was the annual L&C Festival which meant all sorts of fun and activities for kids and parents alike, live rattlesnakes (which I thought was a little strange since, normally, we avoid them at all costs) and a serious sunburn for Ryan. People with our skin weren't meant for all-day sun exposure.
To boot, we had my parents up visiting for the weekend. We had a great time, and showed off all the Great Falls hot spots. ;)
Here are some pics from the weekend!



This was the weaponry tent- they showed all the rifles, guns etc that the Expedition used, including shooting off an Air Rifle.

This was the Medicine tent- gotta say, I'm SOOOO glad we live now. The basic cure-all for the members of the expedition was something that came to be know as Rush's Thunderbolts- a mix of Mercury, Jalepeno oil, and a few other things. I think I would have kept any sickness to myself to keep from getting cleaned out like that!
Mom and Dad getting into the spirit of things.

Reesey liked the rocks.

I love a man in uniform!
Our Indian Princess

4 comments:

Lemonpeel said...

yay! I love all of these pictures and LOVE all of your fabulous book recommendations. I saw Walk Two Moons at the library the other day and am now kicking myself for not picking it up, I do believe it's time to read that one, yet again.

I'm so very impressed by your reading, sister dear. Honestly, one would think you had an entire wall full of books... oh wait, you do :)

Can't wait to see you this week!!!

Megan Smith said...

I love it! And I'm stealing that picture of Mom and Dad to put on my blog, that's great.

Erin Leigh said...

Totally loved that first paragraph, I've copied and pasted it here in case you totally forgot what you wrote. :) I feel exactly the same way- yo!
"I love all the funny little things that happen from day to day- I think that's one of the greatest things about blogging. It's fantastic that we suddenly feel confident and justified in publishing the otherwise overlooked and seeemingly insignificant nothings of our life for the world to see. I'm a huge fan of nothings."

Erin Leigh said...

whoops, i guess that first paragraph was from your other post, not this one. good thing i copied and pasted it so you wouldn't get too confused! :)