Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Skinny Jeans

I took a few hours off from playing mom last night to go shopping, and while gathering a pile of possibilities I accidentally picked up a pair of 'skinny jeans'. I couldn't help bursting out laughing in the dressing room when I got them on because in a matter of seconds I was transported back to 1988 when I remembered feeling the exact same way about my reflection:


"Umm. . . I don't think I look like the girl in the picture. And I feel. . . uncomfortably exposed."


There's something wrong with a style when even the six-year-olds refuse to come out of the dressing room. Honestly! Did anyone like them the first time around? So, needless to say, I folded the pants back up and plopped them down on the discard pile- at least I got a great laugh out of it! Thank heavens now is the time of any style, and we can turn our noses up to those we never liked or understood.

I recently bought a book titled The Science of Sexy and I absolutely love it.




Bradley Bayou is a well-known celebrity designer who gives the ins and outs of body shape and size and the do's and don'ts of each. Measure yourself, find your shape and size on the chart and head over to your "dressing room" where he tells you just what cut, color, and style look best on you. There's even a glossary in the back where he explains just what a godet skirt is, the difference between stovepipe and straightleg pants, and tons of other terms that, if you're like me, you've heard before but don't have a clue what they are or what they do.

Love it- you should definitely check it out!

1 comment:

Lemonpeel said...

I laughed myself silly during this post. Geez, Moll. I absolutely loved your past self commenting... 'I don't look like the girl in the picture'

Pretty sure that thought has crossed my mind... several times in fact.

And I'm totally checking out that Sexy book... that is after my belly stops sticking out past my toes, aka I have my baby and I can be a normal looking girl again; ahem, a normal SEXY girl :)

Loves!