Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Little Chef

Anyone that knows me knows that I LOVE food. And its basically been like that for. . .well, let's see. . . forever. Seriously I think I was organizing my mom's cupboards and begging to crack the eggs into the bowl since I was like two.
That being said, you can understand how excited I am that Reese absolutely loves helping me in the kitchen-- I couldn't be prouder!
She loves unpacking groceries (which sometimes makes for an interesting scavenger hunt to locate the brown sugar), watching Ratatouille, and while I make dinner she loves to stir her own bowl of water, sprinkling in herbs, and even adding an approving "Mmm!" here and there.





Therefore, I thought it only appropriate that she have her own, Reesey-sized apron, and today I made her one out of an old dishtowel. All props go to my friend Megan, who is incredibly crafty and gave me the pattern in the first place. But I was so excited with how it turned out that I just had to show it off.
Here's to the Little Chef! Doesn't she look like she should be on the cover of some hot new restaurant's cookbook?!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! She is so big! When did that happen?? Adorable! I'm so excited that she likes to cook with you, super cute.

Melese & Kyle said...

She is so freaking cute! Holy crap Moll! Good job on the apron, it looks super chic. ;) Dang I love your kid.

Erin Leigh said...

ummm, cutest chef EVER! i might be interested in the apron dishtowel pattern. looks fantastic! :)

Megan Smith said...

How CUTE! I love how sometimes we get everything we always wanted in our kids. Like Annalee for example, I think there was a whisper in heaven that I always wanted a red-head (even if she's not all red, still)--when I was little I always begged for the red head cabbage patches and vwa-lah! Here's she is! (I guess I never thought about the personality that is inherent with the hair--I guess I should have thought it through, anyway)

Whoa...Tangent! Sorry to change the subject!

Unknown said...

I want to learn how to make an apron out of an old dish towel. I have a budding chef, too, who is actually really good now at cracking eggs. We just checked out a book from the library called "The Chef", which is a picture book about what a chef does. It's Ginny's favorite book. Especially the last page about the chef's utensils. IT reminds me of you every time we read. We need to get together and do some cooking with our girls!