Monday, February 2, 2009

"If I Only Had a Voice, doo doo doo. . ."

(That title was supposed to be Wizard of Oz reminiscent, in case you were confused.)

I've had a cold the last few days and yesterday I completely lost my voice. Always a strange sensation. Anyway, Ry's gotten a great kick out of it- he was particularly pleased with the result he got when he tickled me yesterday and only a very wheezy squeak emerged despite my attempts to scream bloody murder. Singing with the radio this morning also produced a great deal of laughter- from both of us. It was like someone had my volume dial and turned me off for several seconds with my mouth still moving and then cranked it up for the final 'honking' note. Oi!
I like talking way too much for this to last too much longer. But maybe, as my sweet sister informed me yesterday, its all a lesson in learning to live with silence, something I've always struggled with. :) Somehow I see myself failing to learn that one and, may I add, so would she.

Ooh! And Happy Groundhog Day! I hope so much he saw his shadow. . .or didn't see his shadow. . .whichever one means that winter ends and we move on to all the better things the world has to offer. Oh yes, and HAPPY FEBRUARY!!! Best month of the year. Oh Yes.

Disclaimer: Hmm. This post feels very detatched and somewhat random and loopy. But then again, I AM sick, so uh, if its weird to you, that's alright. :)

No comments: