Thursday, February 12, 2009

Boom, baby!


My sister Melese says that all the time, but especially when we're out shooting and something is particularly amazing. Hence the usage in this post. I had to put up some of our stuff from yesterday's shoot, not so much because I'm vain (which, I'll admit, I am, but who doesn't love to see a picture of themselves that makes them look great? I ask you!) but mostly because we found this sweet graffitti wall down an alleyway on center street which made everything turn out awesome. I feel so much like Melese in this post. Should I throw in the turkey warble of joy? Maybe not. Anyway, who knew graffitti could inspire such excitement and enthusiasm?





Now don't you folks think that these killer shots came free- oh no! We braved cold-numbed fingers, Miss Whiner Reese (what would we have done without that granola bar Mese found in her pocket?!), and a completely strange busboy, er, man that was taking trash to the dumpster we were shooting right next to. Oh, and we might need to burn our shoes now. It's a wonder we made it really, but it was all for the greater good- a certain someone's valentine's present. I won't mention it now, since occasionally he reads my blogs, but its going to be so, so, so great. That's all. :)

I'm in an interesting writing mood today if you can't tell, so sorry to be so rambly. I took a few excedrin a few hours ago, and while my head feels much better I feel slightly hyper. :)



And of course, Reese had to get in on the fun. It's a shame she was too short for the painted part of the wall. :) Hope you enjoy the pics and are inspired for your own photoshoots!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Your picture look Beeeeautiful!! And I love your hair long and wavy. I need to grow my hair out and then someone teach me how to do my hair like that. I'm pretty clueless.

Cute pictures and as always cute Reese!

Erin P

Megan Smith said...

Great pictures! I didn't realize your hair was so dark, I like your hair. Those pictures will be fun to have 5-6 years from now. I absolutely love one picture I discovered of Grandma Derr with Uncle Brad when he was about Reese's age. The whole "young mother" story in a picture, so that's what it was like when the kids were little. (Only thing is that you might have to explain that it really was taken in Provo, and not the projects in West Harlem:)

Megan said...

I love the pictures Molly. You are so photogenic. I can't waitto hear more about the Valentines gift. I'm sure he'll love it!

Harper said...

How fun, Molly! You look beautiful, and I honestly had to look at the first picture of you a few times because I thought you WERE Melese!

Reese sure is a cute kiddo! :)

megan... said...

i love the pictures that you took. I relate to the feeling good about pictures of yourself- it makes a huge difference!! For real I think there have been few real pictures of me on our blog for like a year because I'm not finding any I like! (maybe I should start doing my hair and wearing makeup??)

PS- Bobby came home from hometeaching yesterday and told me that we should be friends with Molly & Ryan. I think that means he enjoyed it! :)