Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Thirty Candles


Well, it's official, both of us are now thirty-year-olds!

Ryan started it all off with a chilly fishing excursion,
enjoyed a day of classes, and come evening
we rung in Ry's new decade with a delicious dinner at the Beehive Grill.








Oh, and a REALLY large mug of Beehive Brew rootbeer!


Once we got back, one of the best parts of the whole day happened.
I decided that the kids could give Ryan the new Avengers movie,
so I popped it into a gift bag and sent them into the front room each holding a handle.
What I hadn't planned on was Sam peeking into the bag, realized what he was carrying,
and, after a huge gasp and ear-to-ear grin, decided to claim the treasure as his own.

When we urged him to take it over to Ry,
this is what happened...



One heartbroken kid.




Ryan was eventually able to coax him into his arms- as long as he didn't try to take the movie! 
Luckily, we got it all under control before our friends arrived 
to share some pistachio fudge birthday cake.








Take a look at all those candles!  
No worries, we had the fire extinguisher handy. 




Happy Birthday, my love!
You are an incredible husband,
a stellar dad,
and the most amazing man I know!

And you make me laugh til I weep-
love you so, Hot Stuff!


1 comment:

v said...

That pic of Sam killed me! good to have a fun day.