Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Hey everyone- look at my chest!


 Well, folks, I'm here to show off and shout hip hip hooray for a successful DIY!

Back in high school I received a hope chest for my birthday from my parents,
and until just a few months ago the pretty thing was still waiting for 
its first coat of paint.








I decided on this gorgeous mint-
doesn't it just make you swoon?
I think my reaction at Home Depot probably freaked the kid out a bit.

No worries, apron-wearing paint boy, the giddy gasp and slight perspiration was for 
this sultry color- not you!




Once I got the first coat on I knew I needed something more to make that design pop.
So I dug deep, got brave, and entered the furniture glazing world.

Which was actually WAY easier than I anticipated.
(Phew!)

Thank you All Things Thrifty for your awesome Glazing 101 post & how-to videos!
I decided to try out Martha Stewart's Metallic Glaze in Black Coffee. 

Totally loved it.



I realized I didn't take as many detail shots of the rest of the chest to show off the antiquing job,
but here's a shot of how much the front design pops now.




I'll try to get a more pics up here soon, but until then, 
here's what she looks like nestled into our front room!




Sigh.
I am so smitten.


1 comment:

Lemonpeel said...

your front room looks AMAZING!!!!! I love your dresser and lamp out there, not to mention your hope chest. totally gorgeous. :)