Thursday, September 13, 2012

Just Peachy


Last Saturday we had a party.
It involved pounds of sugar
more bottles than could fit on my table and counters
and several awesome ladies who showed 150 pounds of peaches exactly who was boss.
Behold the Canning party!



Aren't these Brigham City Beauties just gorgeous?
Sigh.




















We had a nice spread of sweet and savory treats to munch on while we worked, and among them were these delightful Peach Scones based off of this recipe by Alpineberry.
Yum!




It took a few days of mooning over these lovely ladies like a love-sick teenager before I could bring myself to tuck them away in the cupboard.
Confession time.  
More than a few times since then I've opened that same cupboard 
only to stare and smile before getting back to whatever it was I was doing.

Don't look at me like that-
it's a canning thing.


5 comments:

debby said...

it's totally a canning thing. i get it.

Megan Smith said...

Looks like fun! Wish I could have been there! I made peach cobbler for Sunday's dessert. It was good.

Kathy Badger said...

I totally get the canning thing! It's the feeling I DID THAT!!!! Nothing feels better, except maybe running a half-marathon:)

Molly said...

Lol! I love that there's this network of awesome women who just get it.

And, Kathy, I'm totally looking forward to that second feeling your referring to! ;)

Molly said...

Oh, and Annalee, I am SO proud of you, because you now possess one of the key skills of LIFE! I absolutely love peach cobbler- wish I had been there to help you gobble it up! :)