Friday, July 22, 2011

Things Reese says that make me laugh against my will


She's a funny little bug, our Reese. And, unfortunately, her peak moments often coincide with Mommy saying 'no' or doling out a little punishment. Here are a few that made me have to bite my lip over the last few weeks. . .


"Reese, you're funny."

"Yeah, I know. . . Hey Mom! I'm so, so, so funny, huh?"

"Yep. You sure are. "
. . .


Wanting to watch a movie I already said 'no' to, she goes,

"Mom, I have an idea. You're Reesey, and I'm Mommy, ok?"

"Ok." I answered. This is one of her favorite games- usually at the grocery store when she makes me hold onto the side of the cart while she gets to push.

"You say 'can I watch this?' ok?" she held up the movie she wanted.

"Ok. Can I watch this?"

"Of course!"

Silence. Winning smile.

. . .

Me, at my wit's end at the end of our move with only a few hours to finish cleaning the old apartment, lost it and yelled at her to get moving and into the car- NOW! She took her sweet time climbing in, finally snapped her buckle and, after a few minutes of silent reflection, asked,

"Hey Mom? Well, . . . you're not a very nice person today, are you?"

. . .

Driving in the car, we see someone walking their dog and Reese calls from the backseat,

"Mom! Can we pet that dog?!"

"Not right now, Reesey."

"Ohhh, because that dog is so, so, so furious- huh Mom?"


1 comment:

Danee Hansen said...

More! More! I love these :]