Sunday, November 14, 2010

What?!


Imagine a world without chocolate.

Screams from chocolate lovers are piercing, but the nightmare scenario could become reality.

Experts believe there will be a chocolate shortage this year. Most of the world's cocoa crops are in West Africa. That area is suffering from a drought and crops are being destroyed by two mysterious diseases that have scientists baffled.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture is working on mapping the cocoa trees' DNA to help find a cure.

Forecasters predict the shortage will cause prices to shoot through the roof.

Speculators say in 20 years, the average person won't be able to afford the price to satisfy their chocolate cravings.

KIAH

November 11, 2010


How is this possible?!!! We always knew the end of the world was coming, I guess I just thought it would be a little more bearable.


And I have no idea how to break the news to my dad.

7 comments:

megan... said...

This gives me a whole different reason to think about food storage...

debby said...

the question is, what is the best way to hoard, i mean store, chocolate?

Lemonpeel said...

Oh my gosh I totally heard that early in the morning when our alarm went off! I didn't realize that it was REAL! Heaven help us all. So I guess we all know what we're getting dad for Christmas right? like meg said - food storage. :)

B.A.M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
B.A.M. said...

my life may come to end early. can you even imagine a world without chocolate? My christmas list just changed...

Kathy Badger said...

Glad I gave it up nearly 20 years ago!!
Secret for food storage...put chocolate chips in large bucket marked "lentils". The kids will stay far away from it! tee hee:)

Harper said...

Oh, the humanity! Chocolate is already more expensive here in Canada. This impending shortage is making my stomach churn!

What's next? A shortage of Ranch dressing?! That would be the end-all for me.

Oi.