Friday, June 4, 2010

Ever so glad I'm not a sheep


I took Reese to the American West Heritage center today where we spent quite a bit of time with the animals. There are many reasons I'm happy to be human, especially after walking past the pig pen and seeing how happy they are rolling in their muck, but one in particular had a bold heading.

I was particularly struck (read: horrified) by the sheep. Maybe it's my present state of mind, being pregnant and all, but as we watched, one of the lambs came to its mother to nurse and positively ATTACKED that poor mother! It jumped up with such ferocity to get it's milk that I involuntarily crossed my arms to protect myself. Just when I thought it would calm down it decided to try for another and another and, well. . . I didn't blame the poor mom when she kicked (lighter than I would have, I'm afraid) the crazy lamb and walked away.

Just sittin' here counting my blessings and thought I'd share. :)

2 comments:

Lemonpeel said...

Um okay... what's that first comment all about?? weirdos. SERIOUSLY HILARIOUS THOUGH!! Honestly, I've seen sheep doing that horrible... attacking... thing before and YIKES! Man, I wish I had been there with you and we could have cringed together, I miss you so much! SOOOOOO MUCH! love ya!

Danee Hansen said...

Awesome. Yes another reason to count your blessings. haha