Monday, June 1, 2009

The New Girl in Town


In a fit of sponteneity bred by great weather we took a day trip up to Glacier Nat'l Park this weekend. This is a place that I have been dying to visit for several years now, and was one of the major selling points that got me on board for Great Falls this summer. So now that we're in Montana, I think I've casually mentioned some 40 or so times that we should go. It turns out we're only a little over 2 hours away so the real question here is why not pack up and go for a day trip?

And oh my goodness - it was AMAZING!


For all of you that have never seen Glacier up close and personal you are SERIOUSLY missing out. Most of us have been to a few parks- Yellostone, Zions, etc. Ryan's analogy was this, which I thought both hilarious and accurate,

" Yellowstone is the girl-next-door. She's cute, you know her really well, and you like her a lot.
But Glacier. Glacier is the hot new girl that just moved in down the street!!!"

Everywhere we looked was breathtaking. And it was great to go at the beginning of the season since there weren't as many people to compete with. We went on some great hikes and loved every minute of it!
Here are a few of the pics- be prepared, you will ooh and ahh and wish you were there.
Just wanted to prep you. :)

Loved the moss and ferns everywhere- so pretty!

I love this picture- I just love the facial expressions. Reese had a bit too much juice on the way up, so when we got there she was soaked through her clothes. This was right after she got changed on the side of the road.

Enjoying the great outdoors!

Reese LOVED drinking from my Camelback!


This is St. Mary Falls. Absolutely gorgeous!



Ta-Da! And we didn't even fall in.



By far Reese's favorite were all the rocks she collected along our walks. She had an urgent call on this one she just had to take. Whoever it was must have been cracking jokes like crazy 'cause she giggled all the way down to the lake.




Isn't this a cool tree? It was calling Reese's name.

Glacier is cool in that there is only one road that goes through the park, the only other way through is on all the trails. We only hit a handful of them while we were there and decided that we will definitely be back several times throughout the summer to check as many of them out as possible.

So basically,

Love, Love, Loved it. I'm not sure I could get enough of it, even if I tried.

But I think I'll try anyway. :)

2 comments:

Lemonpeel said...

Fun!!! That is so freaking gorgeous! We're totally going there. Seriously. And you guys all look fantastic by the way, I can't believe how much Reese has grown in just a couple weeks, keep those pictures coming. I love you!!!

Lemonpeel said...

PS - what's with the Britney Spears? Really Molly? ;)