Monday, December 15, 2008

Shake it!

I just dropped Ryan off at school and on the way back I turned on some Christmas music.

Lately I've been encouraging Reese to embrace her inner dancer- we go crazy in the front room, while we eat, and in the car. Little by little she's getting more involved- she's lately started a marching-in-place-while-punching-at-the-sky move. It's incredibly cute. Anyway, the more she sees me dance, the more she gets into it, so on our drive home I look in my rearview to see her shakin' it and of course I join in because I'm a mom. :)

In my peripheral I see someone in the car ahead copying my move.

'That's weird,' I think. It was still a little dark, but I could see at least five little high-schooler faces staring straight at me. They're craning their necks to see what's going on, so I go ahead and give them the performance one more time.

It must have looked pretty funny if you couldn't see the carseat in the back of the car, or if you could, the thought, "Why is there a reindeer in the backseat?" had to be boggling a few minds (pajamas, complete with antlers). At any rate, its just a good thing that getting embarrassed only happens if you care!

2 comments:

Melese & Kyle said...

That is hilarious!! You so funny! PS I can't wait for our fun times this week!

Megan Smith said...

Funny! Go Reese!