Monday, February 27, 2012

Everyone point at the thirty-year-old!


Happy Thirtieth Birthday to ME!
This was seriously the BEST birthday I can remember-
thanks SO much to everyone who remembered me with cards, calls, texts, facebook, and food!
It was a celebration that stretched over three days and ended with a giant checkmark
on my Bucket List!
We headed down to Provo the morning of to hang out with my sister and bro-in-law before eating Papa Johns, opening presents . . .


I loved this card-
"I'm so freaking glad you were born. . . " oh-so-Melese!






. . . and getting spruced up for Hale Center Theater's production of . . .



A total mockery of the 1980 film starring Olivia Newton-John, we laughed so hard tears were rolling down our cheeks.  The cast was hilarious, and being products of the 80's ourselves, it felt only appropriate that we attend.

But, uh, we haven't been able to get Evil Woman out of our heads ever since.  :)


The next night we had a fab family bash at my brother and sis-in-law's,
we ate SO much food (complete with a delicious tres leches cake- thank you Uchi!), watched aliens in the attic, and played what is fast becoming the family favorite
The Game of Things
(Thanks Badgers for tipping us off to that little gem of a game!)

There was more laughing and even more tears shed.
Then, because Shay and Uchi are amazing, we left our little munchkins to spend the night (and, er, paint their poor one-eyed cat with pink marker polka-dots- so sorry about that guys!)
and headed home for a good night's rest to prepare for the

UVU & Habitat for Humanity's
No-Snow 5 K

We stretched. . .


. . . we deliberated. . .
"Do you think we should take the stairs?  I'm pretty sure there's only about 18 FLIGHTS or so!"

Seriously.



Joining the 'stair group'.  See those fancy-looking runner girls in the front? 
Yeah, we finished before them in the end.  :)



. . . We RAN!
I had originally thought either Ry or I would strike out ahead of the other, but we decided to be buddies through the race, and run and talk side-by-side.  It was one of the funnest things we've done together!


But, when it came down to the final stretch, we both remembered the terms of the bet we'd made, and what would happen to the loser. . . 
 


So I,
 in a never-before-seen event,
outsprinted my husband with legs twice my length!!!
I should mention (before Ryan hacks in to point it out) that I beat him by only a second or two, however, I will ALSO point out that

I STILL BEAT HIM!!!

Huzzah, huzzah.
(Don't you just love the facial expressions going on here?  This may be my favorite pic of all!)

Our time was 32:42
(the stairs kinda threw me off my normal time- oh well!)

And we finished
9th &10th out of about 50 or so runners-
Hooray!




We're so tough!


Sweaty & red-faced, but we had a blast!



Fie-uh, Pow-uh!!!



Thanks so much for doing this with me, Babe! 
It was my favoritest gift EVER!


PS- Don't you worry, folks,
I will DEFINITELY be posting the terms of our bet very soon. 
I, for one, cannot WAIT!

4 comments:

v said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds awesome and so fun!

Meagan said...

I'm so glad you had a great 30th birthday! PLEASE you have to help me as Ben's cousin! His 30th is this year (oct.) and he is dreading it but I want to make it awesome, any ideas would be much appreciated!

Kathy Badger said...

So happy for you Molly and SO proud of you both!!!!

Molly said...

Thanks so much you guys!! And Meagan, I'd LOVE to chat about birthday ideas. The funnest thing for me was to go for the 'do something I've never done before' way of thinking- sort of a kickoff to the next thirty years.