Friday, January 22, 2010

In the age of the Dinosaurs. . .

As a great woman once said, 'Who doesn't love the zoo?!" I would submit with equal gusto this additional statement,

Who doesn't love the Dinosaur Museum?!

A while ago we took Reesey to the Thanksgiving Point Dino Museum for FHE. It was her first time, and I will say with confidence that we were a total hit as parents that night. We are so cool.

Here are some photos of our Prehistoric Shenanigans:


And you thought I posted all the spooky pics last night! Silly, silly. We're being scary dinosaurs, by the way. Somehow Reese didn't get the memo.


A poor little lost dino- I mean Reese, not the bone.


Playing in the Erosion. . . er, pond? Don't know what you call it, but Reese loved it. Thank heavens for hand sanitizer!


Digging for fossils with Daddy


Not sure whether Reese or Ryan had the better time here. They have pretty much the same look on their faces though. :)


My two favorite-est people in the world!


The lovely two-headed dino Reese and I made. Isn't it funny how velcro makes things magic for little kids? Reese ripped arms and legs off faster than I could put them up. Luckily I kicked it in gear and then tackled her for a picture before she could undo my work.


Buh, dum. Buh, dum. Too poor unsuspecting victims posing for the camara.
"What? There's a what behind me? No, I will NOT get off the beach! Puh-lease. The things some people resort to to get a little more leg room!"



And so we conclude again in the second part of our series, "Catching Up on Months Past".
Stay tuned-- I promise I'll get to our quiet Christmas at home, and the thousand-piece present Ryan and I put together. ;)

2 comments:

@lliE from FreshlyCompleted said...

I just can't help but ask...Was it really cold in that Museum?

I can't help but notice the snow hat perched atop her head in every photo.

Lemonpeel said...

haha! love these! and yes, the dino museum and the zoo are awe-some. love love love. i can't wait until lily is old enough to enjoy it as well :)