Thursday, January 21, 2010

I'm ashamed. . . really.

Wow, as I sit down to write tonight I'm reminded of the old Garfield cartoons where he instructed his ever-eager sidekick Odie that, should he be gone longer that x-amount of minutes, he was to send a lasagne, a banana cream pie, or another equally satisfying morsel after him. Well, I haven't received a pan of something yummy in the mail, though I'm certain that a few of you ( you know who you are!) had given me up for dead. I have definitely been gone long past anything acceptable-- oh the shame of it all!

And so, my penance post. :) I warn you that like many of my fellow bloggers the holidays got away from me so there will be all sorts of pics with short captions. Peruse, ooh and ahh over the cute Reesie pictures (we all do!) and since now is the perfect time for it, I resolve to rededicate.

First of all, is it possible that I did not even cover HALLOWEEN?! Good grief. Shame spiral, here I come! Ok, I warned you before that if you weren't interested in lots of catch up to get out now while you still can. But if you're stickin' around, get ready for a little flashback.

Get ready for something. . . SPOOKY!

I apologize that these aren't really in any sort of order- I'll be better about that in the future. This was the Stake Nursery Halloween Party- Reese mostly enjoyed dipping her candy into the frosting, licking it off, and then did it all over again.


Reese and her second cousin, Ginny, her newly established best friend and fellow princess. "Gin-Gin", as she is affectionately called has shown her that a well-fluffed tutu is a thing of beauty, as well as other new skills. Wink!

Back to the Nursery party! Tootsie Pops masquerading as ghosts in bits of kleenex were stuck into the yard in front of the church. This was one of the best things to watch. Most of the kids didn't get what was going on, a few made a KILLING while the others sat stunned, and a remaining ones (Reese among them) decided that instead of working for their treats, they would just snitch a few (or ten) from unsuspecting trick-or-treat bags. So many suckers! Anyone who knows Ryan and his insane phobia of all things sticky will understand why Reese only kept one, and the rest magically landed in the dumpster outside.

Not a traditional Halloween shot here (dressed up as a blue burrito, maybe?), but isn't she SO cute? This is one of the rare moments in the last few months that she will hold still longer than two seconds, and as a bonus, give a regular smile instead of the cockeyed fake-oh grin you'll see in a minute. Don't get me wrong, we love both, but my muscles relax just a little seeing her all serene and sweet.


After the Halloween party we took a little drive over to Ryan's sister, Britney's school where Reese got to, once again, trick or treat her little heart out. She was her usual oh-so-cute self (all part of her master plan to get AS MUCH CANDY AS POSSIBLE), and loved all the oohing and ahhing from all of Britney's friends. I'm pretty sure she loved all the suckers she pulled out of their baskets too.
Side note here-- ever since that magical day Reese as still been asking every stranger she can get to pay attention to her (grocery clerks, people at the post office, etc.) for candy by telling them "Trick of Treat!". Alas, we can't get through to her that the magic only works one day a year.


Reese and Daddy heading into Britney's school, equipped with an EXTRA-large bag.


Our cute little ballerina . Actually, she was supposed to be a witch, but at the last minute had a melt-down when we tried to put the hat on. Thank you tulle and stretch, handed-down leotard. (Thank you Katie!) Isn't she cute? I am SO going to be one of those moms that lives vicariously through their children by putting them in dance classes. :)







Some of our Halloween Cookies- Reese and I got creative this year. Reese especially liked her 'boy' that we made into a mummy.


All smiles after rolling, decorating, and all sorts of sampling.




And well Friends, that's all for now. It's sleepy-time, but. . . 'I'll be back, when the day is new. . .' Anyone else a Mr. Rogers fan as a child?

Catch y'all later!
(And that's a promise!)

2 comments:

Kathy Badger said...

Don't know what to say, except I wish I had been a mom like you:) Pictures are too cute, cookies look amazing, the Dino idea HAD to be Ryan's, and keep doing what you are doing!!! So glad you are back, you have inspired me to do better:)
Love you all!

Lemonpeel said...

OH I love the pictures!! Hilarious video as well. And um... those cookies were "sick" as kyle would say. Seriously put those on the docket ;) loves :)