Friday, November 7, 2008

"Little Pea was a happy little guy, he like to do lots of things. . . "

I have entered a whole new Mom Zone.


While I was still pregnant with Reese, about a year-and-a-half ago, I was window shopping with Ryan in the Gateway Mall in SLC. While there we happened upon a book called "Little Pea". I immediately fell in love with it, and I can only assume the tiny unborn baby inside of me did too.


It is now Reese's favorite book, and heaven help me, I'm not sure I can take much more of it. I can recite the whole thing in my sleep.


Last night before bed Reese ran to the bookshelf, and since she's just a little too short to reach the shelf with all the non-board books, she started chattering away and pointing. Knowing how this was going to end, and thinking of my own sanity, I grabbed a few new ones- very worthy and excellent books all of them, but she would have none of it. She wouldn't budge or smile until I put my fingers on Little Pea. A huge, irresistable grin spread across her cute little face. The Real Story of the Three Little Pigs, Olivia, and Bear Sleeps On were hurridly cast aside in her anxiety to get ready for the most entertaining book of all time.


We read it five times. And when she woke up this morning, she ran for it again.

3 comments:

Megan said...

One day, when reese can recite the whole book back to you. It will be worth it. haha We have memorized a book called "The barn yard dance" Kids are so funny!
Megan
PS... I loved the blog about the dog family we saw. haha that was so fun!

Erin said...

We have a book like that as well. It is called Chugga chugga choo choo and it is just a fun book for me to read so I have always loved reading it to my kids, and they LOVE IT! We are on our third book of it. My kids tear it apart. I love that even though its not even that great of a book it is OUR BOOK!

Harper said...

That is so cute! Granted, I am not the one who has to read (recite!) the story to Reese multiple times a day. :)

My parents told me I used to memorize the stories they'd read, and when they'd skip words I was quick to correct them.

I was a terror.

:)