Sunday, November 16, 2008

Alright, who pulled all the wipes out of the package?

Yet another week of whirlwind here at Badger headquarters. Ry has been so busy with school and doing so well. I'm super proud of him. A few days ago he called me to say that he got a paper back from his Native American class and proudly announced that he had received 100% on it. Who knew scores like that were even possible in history?! Most of his classes have been pretty tough despite his talent and hard work, so it was a very pleasant surprise and good confidence boost for him. Yay Ry!
It's been awesome to see things falling more and more into place as Ry has gotten further along in his major, and also to see him excell as he's sharpened his focus with his minor. I just love that feeling that the Lord is behind you and opening doors as you follow His promptings.
While I'm talking about my absolute favorite person, I just have to make a quick tribute. It is my opinion that every wife falls head-over-heels for a man who cleans. Oh yes, its true. I heard someone say that before I got married and I remember thinking, "Hmm. . .that's slightly pathetic. I'm not sure how that could ever be a turn-on."
However, time and experience have made a complete and total believer out of me.

Like I mentioned before, its been a busy week- work has been hectic as the bakery prepares for Thanksgiving (yikes!), and I went to work Saturday morning around 4am. When I got home Ryan had cleaned the entire house top to bottom-- which should count as one of Hercules' labors when you consider that we haven't seen the floor in our bedroom for weeks now, and everyday our little Tasmanian Devil wreaks havoc in every room in the house in about 5 minutes flat.
Oh how I love him! It was beautiful and the scoreboard was simply afire with all the extra points he scored.
The pictures here are the highlights of the week. Well, actually, I'm not sure if you could call them highlights- finding Reese in her crib this morning, her arm stuck inside her pajama top with the sleeve totally soaked and mangled like she'd chewed her arm off isn't all that sensational, although we did get a good laugh out of it.
Anyway, hope you enjoy and are inspired by our architecture to build a blanket fort of your own- one of those childhood past-times that never looses its magic. I think Ry and I played in it longer than Reese.




Don't be fooled by its common place appearance, this is by far the COOLEST blanket fort you will ever see. :)



We even propped the whole thing up with very large sticks. Very rugged and tent-like.

We put our huge and fluffy down comforter inside and Reese threw herself onto it repeatedly with wreckless abandon. It was a huge hit.



And here's the little munchkin with her knawed-off hand.

1 comment:

Sara Hendricks said...

Can I come be a toddler at your house for a few weeks?