Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Another Life Calling?



A week ago Ryan and I started down a road of protein, pain, sweat, 
and a whole slew of awesome one-liners from Tony Horton.

We started P90x.

It's insane, intense, and a serious amount of FUN!

I know, you're probably thinking we can't possibly be doing things right if we're enjoying this kind of craziness, but I assure you, it's AWESOME.

Here's one of them. . . 

The day after finishing week 1 (huge cheer from the crowd, thank you very much!), we buzzed out the door to take Ry up to class, and only on returning did I realize I had left my house key inside.  In a matter of minutes I had Ry back, and we turned into a couple of regular acrobats.  We pulled ourselves up to the balcony, squeezed my now narrower waist through a tiny window and landed me in the shower.

We were both seriously impressed at the ease with which we handled the whole situation and the already huge difference in upper body strength we were seeing.  Boo-yah for being fit!

And, I have to add, it's also a great comfort to know that if this whole Masters Degree thing doesn't work out, we really could become cat burlars and live in the lap of luxury like Cary Grant and Grace Kelly.

Which, I have to admit, has always been a secret dream

The dresses.
Sigh.






2 comments:

Megan Smith said...

lol-- that was funny. Sounds impressive -- good job both of you!

My Oatmeal Kisses said...

Way to go a whole week of P90X! That totally inspires me to get moving!