Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Are you SURE this is Noble?

That's right, I'm talking about Motherhood.

It's been a crazy weekend. But let me give you some background. Reese likes to take her diaper off. A lot. Mostly when she's supposed to be sleeping, luckily so far the damage has been minimal.

But it finally happened. After a weekend bout with the stomach flu (complete with the sudden crying in the middle of the night and going in to find her an absolute mess after throwing up on herself), yesterday Reese joined the hundreds of kids that, up until yesterday I thought parents were making up in order to get sympathy, ripped off her diaper and decided to paint her Poopy Picasso all over the wall.

Why?


No, seriously-- W H Y ? ! ! !


Dis-gus-TING! There just isn't anything more to say on that except that my sister's two-week-old is looking pretty good right now- sleep deprivation and all! I wonder if she'd be up for a trade? ;) Ryan and I have been flirting with the idea of duct-taping her (Reese- not Lily) into her diaper before all naps. Is that cruel and unusual punishment? :)

10 comments:

Steph Wardle said...

LOL... i shouldn't be laughing and i am sure it will be the last thing i will do if the poop picasso finds itself painted on my wall! and duct tape is a fabulous idea. duct, tape, on. ps- click on my "paperless recipes make me smile" link on the top right side of my blog :) there you find the meatloaf recipe!

megan... said...

bobby suggested suspenders?

Erin said...

I have no idea why but the poopy picasso stage never hit either one of my kids. Sure they drink Gasoline, eat food coloring, drip honey one everysingle stair, handle, wall, and piece of carpet but we have never had to deal with the poopy picassos. And just be grateful it is your ONE daughter wiping it on just HERSELF. My friends twin boys got into each others diapers ALL THE TIME and smeared it on every surface in the room including each other.

They did the duct tape thing for a while and it worked great but they eventually got strong enough and just ripped it off. I say do the duct tape for as long as you can or make Reese clean it up. If she is old enough to wipe it on the wall she is old enough to wipe it off.

Good luck!

Erin P.

@lliE from FreshlyCompleted said...

Wow...that's all I've got, "wow"

...as in that is completely disgusting. Where do you even go from there?

Dan said...

We totally did the duct tape thing. It only took a few taping before she gave up. We only had to put a little piece on her diaper and she would think it was straped on tight.

Megan Smith said...

Oh, man, Molly. Sorry, I guess I missed the window when I should have given you the "sister tip" about this one ahead of time. I've always just put my kid's diapers on backwards--that way they can't figure it out how to get it off. It's always worked for me and it's easier than duct tape.

Megan said...

So you guys are having the terrible twos at your house too? We have had a bad week but we have not had the poopy picasso yet! I hope, like Erin, that it passes over our house! If it makes you feel any better, the Alzheimers patients I used to take care of did the poop picasso quite frequently! So you'd think I would be prepared for a little toddler to do it, but NO! GROSS! GROSS! GROSS! Never are prepared for it! I do enjoy the wonderful suggestions you have been given, duct tape, backward diapers, oh and suspenders! Here is to hoping they work, Good luck my friend!

Meagan said...

I hear duct tape works great. Or onesies, or footie pajamas. Something that makes it hard for them to get to their diaper. Thankfully we've only had one poopy diaper-off experience. Asher painted his crib... but it could have been worse.

Kathy Badger said...

All I can say...it's time to go for the potty-training BIG TIME!!! She is sooo ready! :) Good luck on that one too, there should be some wonderful bogging about potty training!
Love ya!

Lemonpeel said...

haha!! yeah... Lily had a huge blow out this afternoon and I suddenly saw the future. It scared me. Seriously poop everywhere, and hers doesn't even stink yet. Oh dear.