Sunday, May 10, 2009

And then a miracle happened. . .

I posted.

I was flattered and slightly chagrined to discover that I actually have a following, and some of them were wondering if I was dead, and when in the world I would be writing something new. So here I am, looking at the mountain of things that need to be updated and wondering where to start.

Well, lets just start with Reese. Safe to say, she's the major reason I have a following. :)

Ry and I have been joking for months that we really need to get her into some sort of baby modeling, you know, to do her part to support the family. Well, last night we went out to dinner with my parents and Melese and Kyle for Mother's Day and as we were leaving she made friends with the table next to us. The elderly couple and their daughter just couldn't get enough of her, and she didn't disappoint- she blew them kisses, told them every word and animal sound she knew, and yelled "Bye!" at the top of her lungs and waved all the way out of the restaurant.

"You just made our night!" the little old lady told us. Then she handed us a little card they'd received from their waitress for a free appetizer on a future visit. "We're not from around here, so you take it," she said. We happily accepted and left with the little socialite in tow.

It may not be a check from the modeling agency, but we were pretty happy with her contribution; I guess we'll keep her for a little while longer. But seriously, its funny how many people we meet and strangers we strike up conversations with because of our little Bug. Who knew we'd need help making friends from an almost two-year-old?

Well, I actually had planned to top this post off with a whole slew of pictures, but for some reason they won't upload. So I'll just wait and try again tomorrow.

No comments: